Saturday, May 22, 2010

Please & Thank You

Please and thank you is a phrase you learn in nearly every language, in almost every culture, in virtually all countries around the world . You hear it at the very beginning of a conversation, then again towards the end and often several times in between.

Please...

After working with Sasha for only two short weeks, it is a continual inspiration that someone with a relatively comfortable life in the U.S. should decide to leave behind that life in order to live here in Amman and dedicate her efforts to a never ending cause. Humbled and challenged by the opportunity to work with CRP, I am personally experiencing the intense emotional roller coaster that comes with doing such work, still insignificant to the trauma and pain faced by those communities we are serving. While some of the work Sash does is intangible, listening and making sure people know that their stories are being heard, a great deal of CRP's work (emergency assistance, etc.) is contingent upon the financial support received from outside donors. I am writing this blog in particular to request that you donate whatever you are able, small as it may be, towards CRP. While I understand that there are an infinite number of causes and people to support in this world, I hope that the sharing of Iraqi stories through my own writing has built a bridge allowing for a personal link between America and Iraq.

As many of you reading this have probably known me for several years, you may be familiar with the fact that I have given several solo piano recitals to benefit numerous causes around the world. When deciding which specific organization I want to benefit at each recital, I always take the time to identify those with which I have or feel a personal connection. That said, if you feel you have gained any connection with the Iraqis about whom I am writing, I highly encourage you to donate. http://collateralrepairproject.org/Donate.html

...Thank you

Whether you have decided to donate or not, thank you for taking the time to consider your own means as well as those of CRP and the Iraqis whom we assist. I understand that is often much easier not to allow a world full of problems take over your life as is, so I thank and commend you for looking inwards to yourself to consider whether or not it is in your ability or heart to assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment